Skip to main content

The Year of the Dog

Long time, no see!  I changed my "About Me" profile to reflect that I am the occasional blogger, because let's face it:  I am terrible about updating this on a regular basis.  At least if you see a new post you can probably assume I have news to report (although admittedly there's no guarantee of that either).  I just want to get through a couple of quick updates! 

If you've looked at my blog in the past then you may notice that I changed the layout and theme.  I have never really found a format that I love, within my knowledge and skills of Blogger, but I do like this one a lot better than the previous version.

I've been experimenting with my eating regimen since I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's late last year - I have been gluten free since September and dairy free since the day after Christmas.  Although I haven't lost any weight yet - ugh - I do feel so much better than I did before my diagnosis.  My energy levels are back and probably better than what they were before.  I have the energy to workout and have started running again.  I just returned from my Rim-to-River (and back) hike at the Grand Canyon (with hopes to do a separate post soon!!) and I have plans to do a sprint triathlon later this month.  I can't quite figure out the formula to get some of this extra weight off, but I have the strength to at least try harder at it than I was before.

I also really, really want to run a 50k this year and have selected the McDowell Mountain Frenzy in December as my race to fulfill that goal.  But this past week I've just been recovering from the Grand Canyon, so nothing to report quite yet. 

My biggest news item is that I started a new job this year!  After working for a big bank for a little over 7 years, I left to pursue a new opportunity with a manufacturer/distributor of personal care products.  I am a PROJECT MANAGER, as in, my ACTUAL TITLE is Project Manager; not some other job role that they just have doing project management all the time.  I wasn't actually looking to leave my previous job, at least not yet; but I felt like this was kind of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get in with a growing company.  They are teeny tiny in size when it comes to the number of employees, so admittedly there's just not a lot of jobs at this company, period.  But I am thrilled to be back in the consumer products industry, and excited to pursue a new career path utilizing my CAPM certification I received in December 2017.

Not a bad Year of the Dog so far. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want to Be When I Grow Up!

I think I have finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up.  In this case, "growing up" means finally figuring out what I should be doing in my career at age 32 (almost 33), post-college, post-MBA, and post-working-in-a-professional-capacity since about 2003. I want to be a race director.  A race director specifically for races you can do with your dog.   Yes, I am being serious. When I started training for my first 5k, I was training for a race I could do with Kano.  I would joke that if anything went wrong, at least he'd be there to drag me to the finish.  But honestly, it was one of the best things we've ever done together.  And there is a very strong possibility I might not have done it without him.  I just wasn't that into running at the time.  (Now I guess I kind of am.  I signed up for my first ultramarathon this summer - 6 hour race!  Not with Kano, though, unfortunately!)  Just like dogs that love the walk, Kano knew what it meant if I starte

Quarantined

I'm stuck at home recovering from the flu (so I might as well write).  Yes, the full-blown flu.  I came down with it two days ago after my husband brought it home two days before that.  I thought I was going to skate by easy - I did get a flu shot, after all - but no.  It seems a flu shot doesn't keep you from getting the flu, at least not this year.  I even had that crazy test done where they put a swab up your nose and touch your brain, which came back positive.  So the $100 I earned in my "medical reimbursement account" for getting a flu shot went straight to paying for the Tamiflu prescription I'm on to get rid of the flu.  *sigh* I'm having a helluva time staying positive through this.  I am a little more than 2 weeks away from my next full marathon, and although I'm supposed to be tapering, I'm also still supposed to be, y'know, running a little bit.  I haven't ran in 4 days.  It'll probably be a week before I can get out there aga